Petrucci, Micaela. “Screenshot.” Retrieved from LinkedIn. 23 November 2016.
Many careers within my intended field involve technology. I plan to apply my knowledge in advertising, public relations, communications, and marketing into an entertainment career. I follow many companies on LinkedIn that I’m interested in applying for in the future to make my plan happen. Luckily, my technology in advertising and public relations course (CAP 105) has taught me many skills found in the qualification requirements of these positions.
I had prior knowledge of SEO but this course was the first class to teach me about SEM. The first job listed is a marketing manager specifically focusing on SEM. I found SEM very interesting and plan to utilize it for future jobs. This job is offered at the company I strive to work for: Live Nation Entertainment.
The second job listed is a social media manager for another company I’m interested in, Superfly Entertainment. CAP 105 has taught me so much more about social media. The best way to tackle this job would be to use TweetDeck and using the tool for scheduling posts.
Content marketing is another aspect of marketing discussed in this course. The documentary shown class taught me so much more about content marketing. I realized this is something I could definitely work with and watching the work teams in the documentary, I could picture myself at the table with them doing what they do. The third job listed is a manager specializing in content marketing.
Digital Marketing Strategist is the fourth job listed. This is at another entertainment industry that is a subsidiary of a creative agency I follow on LinkedIn. The duties specified more requirements than the actual qualifications category. “Plan and execute web, SEO/SEM, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns,” are all concepts I’ve learned from CAP 105, specifically SEO/SEM, email marketing, and social media.
The last job listed is director of social media and community engagement. This job is not only about social media, but also community engagement, therefore it’s important to track interactions. The qualifications include using Twitter and Google Analytics. I plan to be certified in Google Analytics at the end of this course. This job also asks for good writing skills which have been exercised in this class with frequent blog posts. Finally, a big key connecting CAP 105 to this job is their requirement for knowledge of basic audio, photo and video editing programs including Adobe Photoshop.
Marketing Manager, SEM. Live Nation Entertainment (Hollywood, CA)
- 3+ years paid search marketing experience preferably in a high growth B2C organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Knowledge gained from hands-on management of SEM programs on Google and Bing.
- Knowledge gained from using third-party SEM platforms such as Kenshoo, Marin, DART Search.
- Experience with online marketing metrics such as ROI, click-through rate, cost-per-click, cost-per-action, conversion rate, average order size, etc.
- Must be self-directed and effective working independently, yet equally comfortable contributing in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to work within a growing company with increasing needs.
- Possess high competency level in MS Office products including Excel and Word.
- Some experience with Social Ad platforms is preferred.
- Experience with web analytics tools is preferred.
Ability to use measurement and analysis to make informed marketing decisions.
Social Media Manager, Superfly Entertainment (Chicago, IL)
http://superf.ly/careers#fAIWcI (found on LinkedIn)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience solving integrated marketing problems through innovative, cutting edge creative social media based solutions
- Experience working hand in hand with creative teams – briefing, directing, leading, and making sure client information is distilled to them in a manner that leads to an exceptional creative output
- Experience working with large brands
- College degree preferred in fine arts, design, writing and/or marketing
- You thrive in and contribute to a positive, collaborative and fun work environment
Manager- Content Marketing, Live Nation Entertainment (Seattle, WA)
- BA/BS in English, communications, marketing, business, or related field
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of marketing communications, product marketing, copywriting and CMS/blogging experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Experience writing for various types of media including web content, sales/B2B material, user experience copy, video, etc.
- Ability to adjust writing style to match brand/tone of voice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of AP style
- Ability to write persuasive copy for collateral development and draft business correspondence
- Excellent grammar skills to develop business content
- Experience with business-to-business (B2B) communications
- Strong knowledge of the marketing mix and related business concepts/vocabulary
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with employees across various Ticketmaster teams
- Active listening skills to work with subject matter experts and extract the compelling key messages for content
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with close attention to detail
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships – both internally across the organization and externally with vendors
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong working knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) and experience creating and curating website content
- Preferred experience with email templates, email content administration and production and working in email marketing and distribution platforms
Additional “nice to haves” include live entertainment or ticketing experience, HTML and graphic design skills
Digital Marketing Strategist, Mills Entertainment (CAA). (Los Angeles, CA)
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee production of digital marketing assets, coordinating closely with design team
- Plan and execute web, SEO/SEM, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns
- Develop creative promotions and social media strategies based on agreed-upon objectives
- Quantify ROI and evaluate the results of marketing campaigns
- Build and maintain our social media presence along with updating our company website
- General maintenance of artist websites and social media
- Generate B2B campaigns targeting venues & promoters
- Plan, execute, and measure digital/social experiments and conversion tests, reporting to team as needed
- Collaborate with design team to create effective landing pages and optimize user experience
- Develop new and creative growth strategies
- Identify trends and optimize spending plans based on insight
- A bachelor’s degree or higher and a minimum of five years of experience
- Experience in marketing is required
Industry knowledge and experience is helpful, but not required
Director, Social Media and Consumer Engagement, Live Nation Entertainment (New York, NY)
- An in-depth understanding of social media platforms, industry trends, new technologies and digital music services
- Strong written/oral communication skills; copyrighting or other writing background a plus
- Impeccable management and organizational skills
- The highest attention to detail – a passion for the small stuff
- Track record building and maintaining strong business relationships
- The drive to take initiative, work independently and be accountable while also working as a team player who is collaborative, positive and flexible
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Spredfast or another similar social management platform
- Experience running and interpreting reports from platforms including or similar to Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics
- Knowledge of basic audio, photo and video editing programs including Adobe Photoshop
Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred